Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Smooothies

It's a well-known fact that Vicksburg cannot keep a chain.

(Besides Gap Outlet, Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, and some fast food joints.)

Smoothie King, however, was not among the privileged few. I think it was only able to stay open a year or two, which is a little strange, I think. Below (obviously) is the deserted smoothie stop.

On the other hand, The Tomato Place -- a cool mom-and-pop type place on the side of 61 South

-- was packed today at lunch when I went there with my good friend Lindsay.


You might think they're best known for their tomatoes, but for me and mine, we go for the smoothies. Delicious homemade, pre-created, frozen treats that you pick out and take inside to be blended. On our way to Port Gibson yesterday, Mom had a fabulous black cherry one.


Another cool thing about The Tomato Place is the wonderful "scope for the imagination" (in the words of Anne Shirley) for fun, colorful photographs:

simple burlap sacks

onions in cool baskets

rusty wire racks

and finally, some beautiful curvy glass bottles in the back.

Simple beauty.

4 comments:

  1. Hannah, you're secretly a photographer extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls :) You're TOO kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree beautiful pics, I particularly liked getting to see the the view point of the wired that you had. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete