Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers' Day Sunday!

Happy Mothers' Day!

Today, I woke up a little earlier to have morning quiet time with blueberry tea. My recurring prayer lately has been a few verses from Ephesians 3:
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19)
There's really a lot to those 3 verses. I remember being blown away by such a request when I first read them years ago, but a few weeks ago Pastor Hutch at Rock Creek Fellowship talked about them in Sunday School. He said we need to pray this for our friends; not just ask for different things for them. By doing this, we ask not only that we will increase in knowledge (or doctrine, which PCAers usually do not lack), but in understanding of Christ, his Love, and the Spirit -- because love surpasses knowledge. Wow.


Breakfast was a rowdy event (not surprising!) as we semi-showered Mom with happy mothers' day gifts. Daniel gave a funny card, so I wanted to take a sweet picture of mom and son. Daniel tried to hide behind Mom, but Mom lurched so I could see him. Unfortunately, I got the picture just as all that action was happening, so Mom is a blur! I must say, though, the picture is pretty typical of Mom and Daniel. Silly family!

Sunday School was great! We talked about Esther 4-- how it seems that God is missing in the events, and how this story is about us, too. We were in nursery for the church service, and the babies and kids were so fun! What a blessing to see the new generation growing up!

I'm a big fan of Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment