Monday, May 10, 2010

Honey and Hedgehogs

What does "H" stand for?
This morning, Mom found a 2-decades-old black, kind-of-crusty jar of something in our laundry room. The lid read "HONEY 1990" and Mom said Granddaddy had given her this jar of homemade honey back in the day, but when we all tasted it (yes, we are brave) it had a distinct sorghum molasses flavor. Very odd.However, when Daddy stuck the spoon down a little farther,
he reported that it did indeed taste like honey.
Question of the day: Does 20-year-old honey turn into molasses?
I think not, but evidence is dubious.Today, I also began the famed pillow projects. This is my endeavor to spruce up our future apartment, and I'm quite pleased with the results so far! Mom and I started preparing the cheery yellow fabric this afternoon; I marked the pattern and started moving right along! The green floral print will be the back of the little throw pillow.
Below is the embroidery I have actually done so far. I'm telling you, it's really a blast! Fast results and pretty cute, I think. Of course, a little hedgehog is just about the easiest thing one could embroider, but Jane's jellyfish should be challenging enough :-)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hannah,
    I've heard that honey is actually the only food product that never goes bad! So you could find honey in one of the pyramids buried next to a mummy and still eat it! (Though I still think you were awfully brave to eat that honey.)
    The hedgehog is beautiful. I admire your industry.
    Love,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete