Saturday, May 22, 2010

There's an owl in the steeple!

This is a photo of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in downtown Vicksburg. I've always thought that it's a beautiful church (really impressive roofing, and gorgeous inside!); it's also where I had all of my bassoon concerts in high school. What I'm trying to say is, I've seen this church a lot.


Little did I know, though, that there's an owl in it's steeple! Or rather, its steeple is an owl! Do you see it? The little circle windows are its eyes, and the white corner-piece is sort of its beak. A rather uncanny resemblance, I think.

Actually, the day has nothing to do with owls, but I decided to provide these pictures for your viewing enjoyment.

This morning our family put on a yard sale! We had oh so much stuff (junk), and some other families came to join. It was quite the ordeal, and quite hilarious, too. The funniest time by far happened around 10 or 10:30 -- Dad started kicking it up a notch. He walked around all the tables (5 or 6, plus things on the ground) at least twice, moving stickers a couple of inches to where they were more visible, straightening everything, knocking down prices, etc. Unfortunately there were few seekers after 9:30, but I think Dad had a lot of fun. As did we all!

Two other exciting (inspiring) things:
In a "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine, I saw some gorgeous shades of "hyacinth purple" which is apparently the "new darling for trendwatchers." I am very inspired. I believe I shall paint the window a similar hue. Watch out.
After reading some of my June issue of "Cooking Light" with a special section on colorful melamine patterns, I became inspired to make a bid on a vintage 16-piece set on eBay! Oh goodness. Pictures will certainly follow -- if I win the bid, that is.

The Owl is watching ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Very neat and Good luck at your job tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you that when I was little, like too little to explain anything I was terrified of this building because of the owl! I cried every time we went downtown and my parents never could figure out why until I was around ten and explained it to them!

    ReplyDelete