Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rain on my window

It rained today! It seems like it's been weeks since we've had a good, heavy storm -- even if it did only last a few hours.

At my stained glass workshop today we started adding the copper foil around the edges of the glass. I'm not finished with all of the pieces, but I think it's coming together nicely. Next week: soldering! (By the way, I just now learned how to spell that word. I guess I've never had to use it before.)




When I walked outside of the building, it was quietly sprinkling and the sun was beginning to sink. The lighting was incredible so I made a few loops around downtown.


This is Vicksburg's Old Court House, now museum. The first time I saw it tonight the sun was just hitting the cupula, but the second time I made the loop, it had already gone down enough to make a difference. It's amazing how fast things change the closer it gets to dusk.

The "River" -- although here it's only the Yazoo Diversionary Canal-- around sunset is a beautiful thing. It was still a little rainy, as you can see by the drop of water in the upper right corner.
Today was exhausting, although I'm not sure why. It's time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. That last picture with the clouds is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete