Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Working girl

I suppose I have failed you.

I did not post yesterday after my first day of work. It was the one day that I've been counting down to, and I didn't do it. So be it.

For the record, do not expect an everyday-post any more. I am a working girl now, which means my life has become boring.

But even though my blogs will probably be more boring, work is great! Yesterday was consumed with filling out forms, bustling from Halls Ferry to Clay Street and back to Halls Ferry, sitting in a room for 3 hours to get paperwork organized, meeting a bunch of engineers and future engineers, filling out more forms and making some errands.

At home, Mom and I had already made a date to finish (or rather, almost finish) my first pillow. Truth be told, Mom sewed most of it, but I did do a little bit. No pictures until it's completely finished!


This morning I attempted to put the new, very official looking decal on my car. I failed miserably! Who knew it could be so hard? Oh boy. (That's my building in the background.)

Today was much different from yesterday. I actually did work! I did a lot of research about the Niger River Basin, which is essentially what I'll be doing all summer long. Yes, I am working on a research paper for the whole summer. And you know, I'm pretty excited about it -- at least at this point! As far as working (actually working) goes, there is little I like more than "leisurely slaving" over a paper. Sure, I will have deadlines, but I also have a lot of time to be working constantly.

Another fun thing about the day: Ice cream party!! Woo hoo! I never did catch what the reason was, or if there actually was a reason, but it was great fun and very delicious. As some of you know, I love ice cream. And I got to meet some fellow students.

All in all, a wonderful day. And I still have time to read.

(It's nice not to have homework, eh?)

2 comments: