Friday, May 7, 2010

Beginning

Day 2 of summer:

I have decided to create a blog. Honestly, I think blogs have the potential to be really lame.
I'll try to avoid that, but I'm afraid there are no guarantees.

I told a friend yesterday that for a blog to be worthwhile, it needs to have a purpose, so I have decided that my purpose will be photo-documenting my summer at home in the dear state of Mississippi. Armed with a brand new camera, I guess I'm ready to go!

My hope -- through these pictures and stories that are bound to follow -- is that I can share the beauty and the embarrassments, the pride and the shame, the love and the annoyances, the Faith and the weaknesses of this great state of Mississippi. It's such a paradox really.

There's a huge part of me that loves the familiarity and the comfort of Home, but living in the Bible Belt is probably one of the biggest temptations a Christian can face. It's tempting to be complacent, to slip back into the trap of the deep south.

So, here's to a summer of more!



No comments:

Post a Comment